dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership

Have an 800 ford gas tractor having issues with gas getting

Customer Question

Have an 800 ford gas tractor having issues with gas getting into crankcase. Gas valves are surposedly shut off, no sign of flooding. Any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I work on it, has a rebuilt carb., on it I have checked all setting.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The engine was rebuilt by me about 5 weeks ago. In about 2 weeks it gets about 5 quarts of what smells like gas in the crankcase, oil thinned because of this.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 24 days ago.

Since this is an updraft carburetor and a gravity flow system.

the only thing that connects the fuel to the engine is the carburetor.

If the float is not set correctly then it will over fill and put gas in the cylinders, but you are showing no signs of flooding?

It has to be someone? or the carburetor.

Expert:  dd85 replied 18 days ago.

Did you find the problem?