Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

How do you fix wires on a deere 5065e where the rats chewed

Customer Question

how do you fix wires on a john deere 5065e where the rats chewed the wires
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: in the fuse panel or starting system
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no a mechanic but he needs a drawing i guess
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ill show you the picture
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If there is more than just a few wires it is best to replace that section of harness depending on the cost. Please upload a photo of the damage and your serial number.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the fuse kept blowing overtime the key was turned on how do you upload a photo
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
rats chewed the wires the mechanic just asked if i had a manuel
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for that.... If it is just those few wires and nothing burnt, use heat shrink butt connectors to connect the wires by color code. Did they damage it to the point the color code or color of the wires can not be identified?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i think it was damaged because mechanic just called and asked if i had a manuel for the john deere 5065 e
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Orange to orange, black to black, etc? is it only those few wires?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

From the picture it looks like it would be pretty straight forward finding the other end by the colors

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Deere manuals are made to order from the dealer but you might find a CD version or PDF version online or used on e bay

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
I'm trying to send ou another picture
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the mechanic says he needs a thermal sensor , thats why i sent that second picture
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks do you think it needs thermal sensor?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Click on this link for the parts book online.... We need to know which one you have as there are many serial numbers and years for this model

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok but this thing have anything to do with the wires, why would he need that part
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

If the wires are broken yes... I see more damage to the right on a rubber part too.... I think they chewed more than just wires.... You need a full inspection of the damage. Connect the mechanic with the parts link I provided so he can see what parts he needs and then have the dealer put together a quote

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

What did he say is wrong with it? Not reading temp on the temp gauge? broken connector?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i couldn't find the part it has delphi then under it is 32
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

I cant tell what is wrong by the picture..... maybe he tested it and its bad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
her is the series nu
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I do not sit by the computer as I do not work for this website. I help in between jobs as time allows. What are you looking for? the part number of that part?It sounds like you have hired a mechanic to fix your tractor. It might be best to give him access to the parts manual link i provided so he can look up the part he needs Manuals have to be bought from Deere or used online if you can find one.