dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

I have a Hesston 100-90 purchased in1988 that has an oil

Customer Question

I have a Hesston 100-90 purchased in1988 that has an oil leak around the upper right 3pt hitch arm when the 3pt is used. There seems to be a fitting directly below the arm most 100-90s don't have and the leak is either from the control arm or this fitting, no one knows what this fitting is. The dealer I got it from hasn't been able to help.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 100-90 DT 4wd sn 247640
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The dealer has no idea why it should leak there or the function of the fitting below the control arm. I haven't tried to remove the fitting because I don't know its function and what could go wrong.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried to remove the 7/8" fitting from the rear housing but it seems the threads are stripped. The 11/16" stud that screws into the 7/8" fitting holds a strap that is attached to the control rods from the lift controls in the cab at the place they inter the rear housing. If there are threads on the 7/8" they aren't visible.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Roger, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Can you upload a photo or a few photos of this fitting in question using the paperclip icon above?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a picture but the paperclip isn't showing up. I talked to the dealer and he has never seen one like it and thinks there may be a nut on the inside to tighten the fitting . If so I may try to tighten it with an impact since it won't by hand.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you there ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It says you are on line. This is turning into a joke. If you are clueless just say so and stop trying for more money
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Roger, Experts are not employees of the site and I am not trying for anything. We are users of the sit like yourself. I have a repair business and help on here in between jobs and have customers here. We can post back and forth as needed. On my screen up top there is a paperclip icon to upload files. There should be an icon up top to upload files or pictures. If you need help we can get customer service to help uploading a photo of the fitting.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

This is what the site sent me and is why I sent over the link for a phone call if you wanted one.

Customer

(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

27 Sept 2016, 8:28 AM

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Ill opt out and another expert might be able to help you further.

Expert:  dd85 replied 2 months ago.

I have attached a Picture of what I think may be the Plug.

Could you please look qat it and see if that is it?

Expert:  dd85 replied 2 months ago.

Please remember to Rate my answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That doesn't seem to be in the same place. The one I have is directly below the upper 3pt. arm, this seems to be closer to the control levers from the cab also my stud is only about 1" long and holds a 3"+/- strap that attaches to the control levers as a brace I guess. I have a picture if there is a way to send it.