Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I need help with a garden tractor, i have a 4 wheel ddrive

Customer Question

i need help with a garden tractor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: i have a 4 wheel ddrive garden tractor. it is stuck going up a hill. the rear wheel drive is not operating and i will have to tow it up the hill. what is the safe way to do that without screwing up the transmission? dont i have to disengage something to tow the mower?
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 29 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 29 days ago.

Make and model? On most tractors there is a free wheel rod at the back of the tractor that has to be pulled and locked , to allow transmission to roll free.