Jeremy, Diesel Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Medium/Heavy Duty Technician, Hydraulics, Electrical, Brakes Certified

JD 4440 tractor creeping clutch. Won't disengage

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Every time that has occurred, something was found that made me replace the clutch on them. Witehr the plate had broken and a piece was stuck to the flywheel, springs broken on the pressure plate, pull plate had broken spring and it would pull out. I had a custoemr drive into a dirt bank once to try and get the clutch to disengage and found then the plate was split in half from the heat build up from the clutch slipping so much due to the PTO engagement needs. If you use yours a lot then the clutch just might be due for replacement.

The only way to know for sure is to split it and see. I will warn, have several buckets ready for the hydraulic fluid because there is a lot of it when you have to split that line under that runs from the front to the back. You will need to move it out of the way to split the trans away so you can get to the clutch. Visually looking at it is the only real way to see what is going on.

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!