Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

YANMAR 276 TRANS WILL GO IN NEUTRAL AND WHEN GO IN REVERSE

Customer Question

YANMAR 276 TRANS WILL GO IN NEUTRAL AND WHEN GO IN REVERSE IT GOES FORWARD FIRST THEN PULLREHARD IN REVERSE LIKE IT IS IN TWO GEARS NEED HELP
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Jim, My name is***** you say it pulls hard in Reverse like two gears do you mean it heavily loads the engine and wont move or does it move but heavily loading the engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but it does move
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

If there is no signs of metal/debris in the screen indicating a failure check the delay relief valve for damaged or broken springs. It is a common problem on this model. The springs themselves might be tough to find but you might get lucky searching the internet if you find broken springs. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Also check for worn shift linkage and verify it is fully engaging when shifting.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well the spring are okay and the linkage is okay plus it won't go into neutral I told it did and I was wrong it stay in forward when let the clutch it goes forward fine and the pto works please help me need the tractor plus it is hard to fine parts for
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Jim, This model is tough since it is considered a grey market tractor. Is the oil discolored or is there any metal/debris in the oil or filter/strainer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no oil is not discolor and no metal or debris oil or filter/strainer
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the update. Its time to get some test gauges on this to test pressures. A shop manual for this tractor is the next step if you do not have one.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no what are the pressure we are checking
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

You are checking the transmission pressures . I found a CD version of the shop manual you will need for further testing and repair procedure with all your specs and troubleshooting. Click below

Manual