Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a customer with a 2011 Cr 9080 and the question came

Customer Question

I have a customer with a 2011 Cr 9080 and the question came up what is the rpm for a variable speed feeder house drive what is the fast rom and the slow rpm and what is the rpm of the fixed chain drive he feels that we should increase the feeder chain speed as it is constantly plugging up.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have the machine serial info? I can see if I can pull the stat sheets for you from my local contact.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

It is a CR9080 same as the original TR85 from the 70's the feeder house is to small for the capacity of the machine as we have large tall straw in our areas and violant weather that cause it to lay over and lodge so the design of cutting serial crops and only taking about 6'' of straw with the head is a seldom occurance with the small feeder house and primative chain system header plug ups are continuous through out the harvest day upon looking up parts we did see that there is a variable speed drive option on some models we are thinking of speeding the drive up to help reduce plugging as the separator has no trouble handleing the product, so what is the standard rpm of a chain drive ? What is the low speed of a variable speed? What is max rpm on a variable speed drive? I grew up around Massey machines the 700 series was brand new in 73 when I was first working on them a lot and have done mostly the masseys 700, 410, 510 800 and the white 9720 and have worked on every other brand over the years as well.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

That is way too old of a machine for me. I haven't worked on anything that old so I will opt out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

ok then there is not a hole lot different from a 2011 to a 2016 model other than $100,000 higher price tag and if it less than 5 years old machines should not require a hole bunch of work any ways