Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

1999 mf 1250 will barely move, pto fine, engine running

Customer Question

1999 mf 1250 will barely move, pto fine, engine running fine, thinking clutch...about 900 hours...been mowing a field for three days and went from perfect to barely move seems damn near over night
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: j-g3511 msn9178 mf 1250 year 2000
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, i ned help
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
to confirm, year is 2000, not 1999
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

This has geared transmission and no hydrostat? Does the clutch have free travel at the top of clutch pedal travel? Clutch has to have free travel or the clutch will not fully grasp the flywheel.

Tractor will move in lower gears but slips worse in higher gears? Clutch is failing!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Barely moves in lower gears, won't move in high gears. Sellers says clutch is a year old. Are there any adjustment or fluids?

Only adjustment is the free play in the clutch linkage. Figure you need a new clutch!

I see question is still open. Please use the 5 star raring system to close and get me credit. Thanks.