Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2012 3800 hydrostat with 160 hours on it. The last

Customer Question

I have a 2012 3800 hydrostat with 160 hours on it. The last 2 times I've used it after about 20 minutes into cutting it will lose power all the way down to a n idle very quickly. It will crank back up, or a couple of times it will still idle . Keep going and it will do the the same thing a couple of minutes later. Any suggestions on where to start looking, fuel, coil ????fuel filter was changed 6 weeks ago,didn't notice any trash n bowl.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

I'm sorry, what is 3800? Kubota? Toro? etc? Gas engine or diesel?I assume gas if it has a coil.??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Kubota, 3800 3 cylinder diesel, hydrostatic trans

L3800 Kubota tractor. Have you made a test line from the fuel transfer pump inlet, back into the fuel tank filler opening and ran test to see if performance improves? I assume you changed the fuel filter after it had the problem, and it made no difference? As replacing the filter is always the first step!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll try checking lines for debris and tank ...... Chang filter as well and c what happens Thanks

OK, running the test just does the test for you , without removing anything. And if all is well, then you haveto check the tank, and the outlet line and the lines and filter up to the fuel transfer pump.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll try that , I know with little info u have u think it's a fuel / trash problem or a pump ? Like I said it will run 30 min before it does act up and then several after that

That makes me think that the tank ,may have debris that builds up as you run on the outlet tube .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, thanks

Thank you!

I see question is still open, did you find blockage in the tank outlet?