Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I am experiencing loss of power. In my Deere 2755

Customer Question

I am experiencing loss of power. In my John Deere 2755
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

What have yo tried? Has the fuel strainer been cleaned and the fuel filter replaced?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, my neighbor showed up and I forgot that we had started to chat. We changed the glass rectangular filter, took off and blew out the inline plastic filter, near the fuel tank, confirmed that fuel is being pumped as far as the injection pump, and confirmed that fuel is not being pumped out of the injection pump.

OK< fuel will not be pumped from the injection pump until the key is turned to start and then it opens. Did cleaning the strainer and replacing the fuel filter make any difference?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No the filters didn't seem to make a difference. After replacing and priming it ran for a few minutes then died again. To troubleshoot, We had the key on and cranking, still no fuel coming out the exit line from the injection pump.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there a filter on the injection pump that might be plugged? The old filter we removed didn't look too bunked up.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am referring to the rectangular glass filter and meant gunked not bunked.

You have a pull cable to kill the engine? That is what see on 2755. If so, the injection pump is not opening the fuel passage to the injectors. I assume you have loosened a high pressure line to the injectors and get no fuel squirting.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is a pull cable to kill. We removed one of the exit lines from the injection pump and found no fuel squirting when engine cranked. We did not go up to the injectors but asummed if no fuel on the exit of injection pump then no fuel to injectors.

Correct. From that, I would have to think that your injection pump is stuck in the off position. Remove the return line fitting at the injection pump cover, it is a check valve, and see if it is plugged with debris looking like coffee grounds. If it is, the pump is failing. Injection pump would have to be replaced or rebuilt.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You don't have a diagram showing which is the return line, do you?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have to get some sleep but will check for a reply in the morning. Thanks for the help.

# 2 is the valve, and # 6 is a fitting with a strainer. See link above.