Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

MY Kobota B2200 won't shut off. First time in 7 years that

Customer Question

MY Kobota B2200 won't shut off. First time in 7 years that I've encountered this problem. Ignition switch wont turn it off . How do I go about doing this so I can take it in to be looked at?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 2 months ago.

Pinch the fuel line going to the injector pump need to shut fuel off to engine so it will quit running

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where is the injector pump?

Should be on the left side of the engine it will have metal fuel lines coming out of it going to to top of the engine

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I found it and when I pinch it the engine slows down but doesn't quit. I'll just let it run out of fuel and have the Kabota people pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for you help

you can take the air filter off and put you hand in it and starve the engine of air see if that will shut it down

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your help - but that didn't work either. I'll have to have it run until it runs out of fuel and then have it towed in tomorrow. I'm quite frustrated as I've taken various parts off -battery cables, breakers, ignition and now the air filter. It seems to have a life of its own.

That is odd what about the linkage for the fuel shut off can you manually turn it at the injection pump to get it to shutoff