Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
6825259

Kubota,4240,I bought a brand new one model #l4240hstc-1

Customer Question

Kubota,4240,I bought a brand new one model #l4240hstc-1 serial #50909 first I love the tractor, it's a little smaller than I should have bought, but my problem is mice in the cab it spent its first 4-5 years in a heated shed ? Not sure how long , this will be its first winter outside if I can't get rid of it or the problem fixed, the cab stinks so bad of mouse piss I can't stand it that's not why I bought a cab the first time I discovered it I pulled the top of and it was full of mice living on the wires I asked the dealer what could be done to remedy they problem he said nothing there's to many holes in the cab going to the tractor mainframe, I got the tractor back after probably 800$ in wire repair the rest mantainice it's been a week to the day my cab is full of mice again,,,I can't keep sticking 800$ and no end in sight this is nonsense,,,if Kubota has a defective cab than they need to make it right , and now it needs a new top because the top uses the tin holds a at least 3/8" bolt in place which takes once twice off with the top and the holding brackets are bent disappointed customer Marty
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Zep sells a product called Big Orange, it is aerosol can

spray the entire cab with this then hose off with a garden hose

it is water diluted, wash off easy, and leaves a citrus smell

may need 2-3 cans, but this will work

I hope this helped you

Hi. If this helped you,

Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

I do not get paid for question, unless you rate my answer

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Wayne ,I covered the whole tractor just as u suggested waited till product was almost dry is what Zeppelin recommend or it might damage the paint , it gave me no results just another mess to clean up marty,
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

Hi

We used this product all the time

never did we let it dry or almost, sit 4-5 minutes an washed it off

It was made by ZEP, , not Zeppelin

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No that was a typo it was made by Zep as a matter of fact I did it again today and sealed all channels where wires went thru and I can still hear them in there Marty
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

Morning

well tha smell from the big orange, will drive them out

another thing to do, is get glue traps, made by TomCat

put some chocolate chips on the glue, they get stuck there

and die

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's funny u bring that up , I have nice in both my sheds and had an ( expert) come out he said Marty the mice WILL be dead in 3 days so I waited listened to them squeak and holler , a week came they were still alive I put peanut butter on victor slam traps hoping this would do it because i have an airplane in that shed a week went buy they didn't touch it , they were still alive ,so then I thought how about some brownies with extra chocolate another week went by they are still alive and have not touched any of these items or prestone, so I give up I don't know what else to try
Marty
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

Hi

Do the chocolate chips on the traps

That works

PS I was out of town for 3 days just back