dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership

Trying to find proper adjustment procedure for inching cable

Customer Question

Trying to find proper adjustment procedure for inching cable and potentiometer on new holland t2410 tractor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: excellent
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, doing this myself. Originally tractor stopped all movement forward or reverse suddenly while in use. Pulled it back to the shop, checked: seat switch, clutch switch, EHSS switch, and was convinced it was the EHSS module, until i traced down the inching cable wire and noticed that there was no movement when pedal was depressed. The little valve on the top of the transmission case that the cable hooks to was stuck open. pushed it in by hand and cycled through forward/reverse and got movement of the tractor. Tried to clean/lube it up as best as possible and tractor now moves, but "clutch" pedal is more like on/off switch, than clutch pedal. Tractor jerks into gear instead of gradual transition. guessing potentiometer, or cable adjustments
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 month ago.

See attached for procedure to adjust cable.

Expert:  dd85 replied 1 month ago.

Did this download for you?

Please remember to Rate my answer.

Expert:  dd85 replied 18 days ago.

Did you get this fixed?