Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a 95 Ford 3930. The battery is not being charged. It

Customer Question

I have a 95 Ford 3930. The battery is not being charged. It and the alternator have been checked in a shop. The thermistor was bad and had been disconnected. We bought a new one and hooked it up and now the tractor won't turn off. All the wires from the alternator to the battery and the ground all check out good. The charge light on the dash goes out upon cranking up. What do we need to check next?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

With voltmeter is the alternator now charging the battery, as the light does go off? And engine will not kill with key? Check the voltage from the keyswitch to the fuel shutoff solenoid on the injection pump. If the keyswitch cuts the power when key is turned off, the fuel solenoid is being powered by another source. Usually back feed from the alternator diodes. Was alternator disassembled and diodes checked, or was it just bench tested for output?