Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a new holland t45da that sometimes won't start.

Customer Question

I have a new holland t45da that sometimes won't start. Replaced starter,battery and ignition. Tractor will start up if jumped by another vehicle. Tractor does not run for long periods but is used to pull manure spreader in a 50 horse barn. Lots of starts and stops and shut down so that fumes aren't spread in the barn. Ground cable looks fine-no cuts or tears
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** see you replaced the three main components... I still would test the battery with a digital tester for its internal condition for dead cells etc. Also a close look at all battery to starter connections and grounds. Clean and tighten all and look for damaged wiring or connections. Verify power at the small S terminal on the solenoid at the starter when this occurs as if there is missing power there it means the problem is between the ignition switch and starter. Check all relays and fuses. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?