Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My sons NH workmaster 50 won't start. while heavy brush

Customer Question

My sons NH workmaster 50 won't start.
while heavy brush cutting the other day the battery indicator light came on for a few seconds and went out so I kept working and forgot about it - today it won't start.
My son found one broke 2wire plug and another multi-pin harness pulled apart.
Repairing and reconnecting has not gotten it started. He is checking the PTO safety switch now. He is in Tennessee I'm in Alabama the phone calls are getting tense. HELP!!!
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help.... Verify whether there is 12 volts of power to the starter solenoid with the key switch in the cranking position. If so and the battery and connections are good it is a faulty starter/starter solenoid. If not the problem is between the ignition switch, safety switches, and starter. Try bypassing the safety switches to see if you can get it to start. Let me know what has been done so far and if we need to dig deeper into this.