Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have L 5740 Hst, it died as I was bush hogging, now it

Customer Question

I have L 5740 Hst, it died as I was bush hogging, now it will not start, it shows depress clutch, neutral, PTO when I turn the key to start, I have checked seat switches, PTO switch and HST pedal and is still showing the same thing. What else can I check?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Check the wire harness to the pto and the HSt switches, and look for a wire pulled from debris pulling wire loose while you were bush-hogging. Sticks and brush can pull wire off or just open a connection!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have traced the wire harness and found no visable damage at all, still within the protective casing with no damage to it anywhere, I was not in any brush only grass. Any other suggestions?

It died while working, so it had something that killed the voltage to the fuel solenoid and killed engine, now the safety circuit will not let the starting circuit work. I assume you have looked at all the fuses and checked the with ohm meter.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Checked every one of them, also checked the seat safety switches and the pto micro switch, also pulled wiring out of protective casing going to the seat safety switches because I had broke one of those wires right after I purchased the tractor

Are you testing with an ohm meter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

OK, I have to leave in the AM , so I will opt out and see if anyone will respond. Please do not respond to me or it will lock your question. Sorry I can't help.