Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

L3010 Kubota, bought used. Glow plug light was on

Customer Question

L3010 Kubota, bought used. Glow plug light was on intermittently 200 hours ago when I purchased it. Now its on all the time. Glow plugs appear to be activated as the aftermarket led light bars are not getting enough voltage to operate correctly. Replaced the relay once, timer twice, and the temp sensor once when problem was intermittant. Then I unplugged the temp sensor and ran it that way for a while. Then the light came back on so I plugged it back in. What next???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hers is typical wiring for the glow plug electrical. I don't have manual on the L3010, but kubota always does it the same. If the glow plug light is on and glow plugs are on, the keyswitch is keeping it on, or the wiring harness is shorted out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After inspecting all of the wiring and the key switch was recently replaced due to wear. Wiggle test shows it is the glow plug control module .
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Have you replaced the glow plug module to see if it takes care of the problem?