Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a kubota b2920 hydrostatic tracktor. I have recently

Customer Question

I have a kubota b2920 hydrostatic tracktor. I have recently got a rototiller for it. Every thing seems to operation okay, but I have noticed that when the rear PTO is off and the rototiller drags the ground for any reason there is a grinding sound from the tractor.
With the tiller unhooked from the PTO the PTO will not free spin. If u turn it harder with the tractor running there is a grinding noise.
Is this normal or is the PTO not disengaging all the way?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

The 2929 has a mechanical pto, engaged by a shift fork . If there is grinding, the gears are not completely un-messed. Pto shaft should freespin, as it has no brake on it. But if pto works with tiller, I'm not sure That you have anything that needs attention. If the pto shifts in and out of gear, I would leave it alone!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
once and a while dragging of the tiller when not in operation and causing the grinding sound should not cause any troubles?

No, it will not cause any probelm.