Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a Gorman/Rupp Liquid Media pump with a Deutz F4L912

Customer Question

I have a Gorman/Rupp Liquid Media pump with a Deutz F4L912 engine. After about 45 minutes of operation the RPM's start falling off to the point that the engine dies. After about 15 to 20 minutes it will start back up at full operating rpm's and runs fine for about 45 minutes. I have replaced the lift pump, fuel lines and fuel filters. I removed the fuel pick-up tube in the fuel tank and removed the the screen and added an in-line filter between the tank and the lift pump. The only thing left, that I can think of , is the injector pump. However, I have never seen an injector pump act like this. Any thoughts? Jeff
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

See the link above, do you have fuel shutoff like this, on side of the block? It can be causing the fuel to be shut off. Ihas to have voltage or it kills engine. It may be loosing voltage or may just be defective. Check it when cold for movement, then when engine stops and does not start, check it again. It moves the injector rack to all the injector pumps.