Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I am looking at buying a JD 555G TC. It has been sitting for

Customer Question

I am looking at buying a JD 555G TC. It has been sitting for some time. Has 2,195 hours showing. Starts and runs fine with one exception. The lift, tilt, and bucket auxiliary (4 in 1) cylinders are extremely slow. Sight glass is showing full of hydraulic fluid. Could this be filter issue or something more serious?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi Karl, My name is***** will be glad to help. Check inside the hydraulic filter for fine metal/debris indicating a pump problem. If all functions are slow it points to a faulty pump. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Price a new pump, filter and oil and the time flushing out the system and consider that cost on the purchase price of the machine.