Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

McCormick CX95 air conditioner doesn't work

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi Buddy, My name is***** will be glad to help. If you are adding freon and it temporarily works then it means there is a leak in the system. You will need to add leak testing dye that will show up under a light to locate the leaks. the system has o rings on each of the hose connections that should be changed and then also check for leaks at the main components such as the compressor, evaporator, condensor, etc. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the dealer tried the dye but couldn't find a leak, can you send me a picture of the lines that you are referring to. also someone mentioned about a valve to place in a line that would cut the heater lines off from the AC that both lines worked together and maybe the reason the Ac wouldn't cool
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Is the freon leaking out or still has a full charge but wont cool? there would be an expansion valve or orifice tube in the system. Is that what you are referring to?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

im referring to all the system lines. The connections are all sealed with an o ring

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

If the system has no leak and is holding freon then check the evaporator coil for being plugged in the heater box and cab air filter restricting air flow through the core. Also be sure the hot and cold water valve is shutting off the hot coolant to the heater core and the blend door is working in the heater box.