Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My 1010 JD backfires thru the intake I replaced the coil in

Customer Question

My 1010 JD backfires thru the intake I replaced the coil in 2014 and it's doing it again. Seems to be connected to heat cause when I restart after it stops I have to let it cool before it will start.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi Jim, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is it backfiring through the exhaust or the carburator?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thru the intake stack.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I take it that is the carb intake.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still waiting on answer?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

thanks for the update. Sorry for the delay. I help on here in between jobs as time allows but will always reply back on my next available logins

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

check for old gas and if the gas is deteriorated it can cause this type of problem as well as a faulty carburetor. Try cleaning the carburetor fuel bowl and jets and see if the problem still exists. Check and verify the timing as well as good spark. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No answer?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Did you not see the posts?

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Me

29 Aug 2016, 2:47 PM

Me

29 Aug 2016, 2:49 PM

Customer

No answer?

29 Aug 2016, 5:40 PM

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

???????do you need tech support from the website? Are you not seeing the posts?