Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Deere 1445 Yanat Diesel front deck keeps cutting out after

Customer Question

John Deere 1445 Yanat Diesel front deck keeps cutting out after approx. 1 hour of cutting. Have put in new fuel pump, new fuel filter ,new air filters and loosened fuel cap. Have removed cleaned and reinstalled the fuel tank
Can be hard to restart when it cuts out.
Cause??
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

See link above. # 2 is fuel shutoff solenoid. It can be dropping out and killing the engine. Or you can have a restriction in the fuel suction. I would test the fuel suction first, by making a test line with inline fuel filter and attach it directly to the fule transfer pump inlet, and drop it into the fuel tank filler, bypassing the tank and everything up to the fuel transfer pump. Then run test. To check the fule solenoid, it can be removed and the hole plugged with tape for test. It has to have 12 volts as long as the key is on, or it shuts off the fuel to the injectors.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Curtis will do the tests next weekend when I return to my country property.If I had "sludge " in the bottom of the fuel tank when I removed it and cleaned it plus new fuel filter etc.
Can the fuel lines sludge downstream of the filter?
When the no start event happens it feels like there is fuel starvation.Regards,
Andrew.

My thought is there is debris in the system, maybe at th outlet line from tank where it attaches to the filter.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks that sounds like it to me too.
Will clean or blow (via compressor) the fuel lines next weekend.Regards.

OK> Thanks!