Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I own a 2008 9770 Deere combine. We changed the head gasket

Customer Question

I own a 2008 9770 John Deere combine. We changed the head gasket last year and it ran last fall but got harder and harder to start. Then it got where if you ran it a little while and stopped the motor, it would have to sit for about an hour before it would start again. I ran the combine during wheat harvest and kind of crippled along. I changed the turbo aquisator (spelling?) and it sounded like it ran okay. I went to start it today to get ready for corn harvest and it won't start. The purchase of this combine has been a terrible experience. It has about 2000 engine hours and 1200 separator hours. I'm at wits end...especially with a crop ready to harvest. Your help would be greatly appreciated as our local technicians have not been able to solve the problem. Thank you. *****
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: I think that is about it.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We also changed the injector pump when i changed the head gasket.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

sorry to hear of all the issues

I will need to ask several questions, as I am not there

1) does it smoke when trying to start after hot ??

2 )what color of smoke ??

3) what is the Temp gauge reading when this happens