Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My jd 7930 comes up with "lever not in park" and rolls to a

Customer Question

My jd 7930 comes up with "lever not in park" and rolls to a stop, hydraulic system cuts out also. No pattern to when it happens, very intermittent Have had ha here 3 times and it hasn't done it, but cost me a lot. Thanks in advance
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
john deere here 3 times is what it should say, sorry. According to the codes you should "contact your JD dealer to fix" except they cant. I want to know what is actually the problem
Expert:  John Oliver replied 6 months ago.

good morning Peter my name is ***** ***** is the controller and code that pops up?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi John
Code that pops up is ACU524020.31.
Thanks
Peter
Expert:  John Oliver replied 5 months ago.

ok Peter, ill dig into this and get back to you with the results

Peter i did research on this issue for you. i suspect that your reverser is playing games with you. if you go to address ACU 005 you can see what the signal is that the reverser lever is putting out

if it is a right hand reverser address 005 should read 00100000 in park

if it is a left hand address would read 00101000 in park

there is a list of other camands we can check. is this a left or right hand reverser?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how do i go to the address acu 005, i dont understand what you mean. this problem is occurring with the lever in the forward positoin so can you please explain how it is the reverser. if you explain how to get to acu 005 i will send you back the info

no problem. here is how to go to that address

1) press and hold vehicle setting switch and hitch lower switch at the same time while turning the key to the run position

the menu will appear

2) use command dial to select ACU controller

3) press select switch

4) turn command dial to address 005

5) press select and then do your testing

all this should be in the operators manual

it is called a reverser because you can slide it from forward to reverse without using the clutch. because this code appears while you in the forward position im pretty sure that assembly has gone bad. i still need to know if that assembly is left or right hand before i can send you more info.