Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 48" Commercial walk behind John Deere Model GX1320

Customer Question

I have a 48" Commercial walk behind John Deere Model GX1320 with a Kawasaki 14hp engine model FC420V. My unit is not charging and I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions? I checked the stator and at a fast Idle, it produces 25VAC but when I plug in the "NEW" voltage regulator, the voltage drops to 5VAC. I think this is supposed to have a vapor condenser on it but it is missing. What is this capacitor rating and do I need it to charge? Could the stator be bad?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Stator has to produce at least 28 volts AC, with it unplugged from the regulator and engine running at full throttle. If less, stator is bad. With stator back on the regulator, the output of the regulator should be 1/2 of the stator voltage , or about 14 volts DC, which goes to battery to charge it.

Is this electric start with on board battery?

my response shows as customer again!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-#### If you get time and you think you can help me, call me

Phone call s extra and has to go through the site! But if you check the stator and regulator , I think you will find problem.

did you find problem with stator or regulator?