Mark Patrick
Mark Patrick,
Experience:  Head Mechanic at Estill Wood Products
93360690

I'm looking at buying a Massey 165 but it was in a flood. It

Customer Question

I'm looking at buying a Massey 165 but it was in a flood. It does crank but won't start. Any ideas if it would be worth messing with. Has the diesel engine
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Like I said it was in a flood and will crank over but won't start. Just wondering where to start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Mark Patrick replied 3 months ago.
Hey, my name is***** and I'm going to try and assist you with your problems. If the problem is resolved, please give me a rating of three or more stars.
Anytime you are dealing with equipment that has been in a flood you are taking a major risk. Sometimes the risk will pay off and other times, unfortunately it will not. Before I got the tractor running, I would recommend changing all of the fluids and filters because you do not want to chance pushing a bunch of water through the machine. After that, try starting the tractor with foreign fuel such as ether. If the tractor will hit like that then we can work back towards the fuel tank, checking the injection pump, transfer pump, etc.