Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Nortrac 20HP diesel tractor, about 12 years old

Customer Question

I have a Nortrac 20HP diesel tractor, about 12 years old usually works fine. It has been sitting idle for about 6 months. When I go to start it, it goes to fast idle and the throttle doesn't work to slow down or speed up. It can't be stopped with the fuel cutoff. (I have to stall it to stop it). Next time I go to start it, it stalls for a while, then eventually starts and goes to fast idle again. I have tried bleeding it and letting it run as fast idle idle for a while. Same problem. I really do not want to replace the injector pump assembly. Any ideas?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

The injection pump and governor linkage is sticking. You may be able to free it up, can you access the linkage, by removing the kill lever cover? If not, the pump will need to be rebuilt!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no kill lever cover as indicated by the looking at the pump as well as the tractor service manual.Replacing or having the pump rebuilt I could have figured out myself.