Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a 2005 Foton254A tractor. I have no gauges working.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Foton254A tractor. I have no gauges working. lights in dash work. I cant seem to find problem for ground or connections. Fuse block has power,
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Keyswitch has to power the gages, are you using voltmeter to test light to read voltage? Follow The wires from the gages , to the keyswitch, and look for broken wire or bad connection. Foton information is getting hard to come by! Each gage should have a common ground, and a power wire.

I see question still open, did you find the problem?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I am on vacation but I know I have power from the switch to the gauges but no readings for any fuel, tach, amps,oil pressure gauges. The wiring has been a mess from prior user and tractor was not running when I bought it. I was wondering if the alternator regulator has any control of ground or voltage??

Regulator would have to be grounded, but doubt it affects the gauges, I Would Be looking for a ground wire loose or missing at the gages! Take a jumper wire and ground one end and start trying different locations at the gages to see if they start working.