Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

Deere error code 03, is there any way for me to fix deere

Customer Question

john deere error code 03
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: is there any way for me to fix john deere error code 03 without taking to dealer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Model number?

Hydrostat? Reverse pedal is /error code 03.

Err 03

Reverse Pedal.

Voltage signal out-of-range or not calibrated.

Machine does not drive.

Contact your John Deere dealer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
John Deere 3320 with Hydrostat. I was clearing some heavy brush (black berries and small bushes) and I backed up and when I let up the reverse peddle, and tried to go forward neither the forward or reverse worked. When I push either peddle, nothing. No sound or noises, starts and runs great, it just doesn't move. I tried letting it sit for a day, started stopped and repositioned the gear shift to all 3 gears (A, B and C) several times. Still nothing. Checked all the fuses, they all seem good. I did not check the 3 black sugar cube sized fuses. (Fuel/Start/intake manifold heater Relays). doesn't look like any fuses have anything to do with Hydrostat

With you working in brush, look for a wire ripped off the travel pedal area. Or harness connection that has pulled back. Code shows to be with pedal. so wiring to it is not complete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ooo that is a great idea, cause I was in brush over my head and 20 yards in. I will check when I get home and let you know tomorrow.

OK> Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. you were right, one of the connectors was in fact pulled apart. I plugged it back in put it still does not move. Now it is displaying Err 57 "HST Controller timeout"

Unhook battery and reattach, to see if resetting computer will work.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Disconnected battery. Did not resolve.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you have a electronic schematic you can send me? I had trouble with the HST about 6 months ago. JD said the HST controller was sound it just had a bad connection

I do not. Go back to the connection that was pulled apart and check the pins in the connection for damage. Deere dealer would be the only one with the schematic from a service manual. Sorry.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They all look good to me. No damage and none of the pins are pulled back in the sleeve. I even put some WD40 in there to make sure they all got a good connection. I did notice that if I went back and detached the connection, it did not go back to the Err 03, but stayed on the Err 57. Can I use a voltage meter to touch each of the pins by color to see if they have voltage or ground? Can you tell me where the HST controller is located?

three s/n breaks, and all look t mount different. But looks to me to be under dash area. Here is one .link below.

I see where guy had Error 57 and found battery to be bad.??? Have you checked battery voltage?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I plan to work more on it this weekend. The battery checks out good though. It was definitely the berry bushes pulling the connector from the pedals that initiated the whole problem, so I am really surprises that once reconnected it did not solve the problem. There must be a way to "reset" the HST Controller. Thanks for the schematic, you don't have the legend do you?

I do not. Maybe in owners manual