Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

How many fuses are supposed to be in a fuse box on a Z225?

Customer Question

How many fuses are supposed to be in a fuse box on a Z225? What sizes are they? I notice 3 fuses but a slot for a fourth is empty. My mower quit in the middle of the yard. It has plenty of gas. I changed the gas filter but still won't start.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Only three fuses usd. 2, 20 amp, and one 7.5 amp. The fourth hole is not used. Remove a spark plug and with it connected to the spark plug wire and grounded, see if it has spark when cranking.

Single cylinder Briggs engine? It has a solenoid in the base of the carburetor, is it connected? Has to have 12 volts for engine to get fuel.