John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services

I'm looking at a JD 6620 hillside combine with rear wheel

Customer Question

I'm looking at a JD 6620 hillside combine with rear wheel assist with 3,100 hours. Any common reoccuring problems with these that I should be aware of ?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 2 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** type of rear wheel set up does this have? a mud hog?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I dont know what "mud hog " means - it has traction type rear tires with a hydraulic drive motor on each wheel

mud hog is the brand of rear wheel assist that some of these machines had. they were a stronger set up that what deere had from the factory. the biggest thing these machines had an issue with was the final drives in the front. if the operator didn't keep them in 4wd while on soft ground it would stress the finals and cause them to fail. other than that, the engine was stron and the hydro was solid. just be sure the tin isn't rotting out due to grain being left in it and rotting the material. check condition of concave and rasp bars by dropping the stone trap. I am from upstate Ny and we have a ton of these machines out in the field. there is plenty of used parts around due to there popularity.

hope this helps and than you for using JA

can I close out this case or might you have more questions?