dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

I have a 2003 TS-100 with 16 speed transmission and manual

Customer Question

I have a 2003 TS-100 with 16 speed transmission and manual forward and reverse shifter. It goes into forward really easy but sometimes it is really difficult to get into reverse without scraping gears. If reverse engages it is fine. How do I adjust the lever to better engage in reverse?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not really the tractor runs and shifts fine except for the forward and reverse function.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 7 months ago.

To adjust the F n R cable you must remove the floo rmat. Then remove the center plate in the bottom of the cab floor.

there you will see the top or the transmission with 2 cables entering the shifter. The right hand cable is the one you need to adjust. unscrew the jam nut , loosen the 2 retaining screws on the collar the cable enters. Then turn the collar I think clockwise, about a turn. Test the operation of the F n R lever. make any more adjustment as needed.

tighten the retaining screws, tighten the jam nut. Reinstall center plate and floor mat.

Expert:  dd85 replied 7 months ago.

Did you find and adjust the cable?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am out of town until Friday, I will try to adjust the cable at that time.
Expert:  dd85 replied 7 months ago.

I have attached a picture of the cables and where they attqach to the transmission cover. it is the cable on the right side.

Expert:  dd85 replied 7 months ago.

Did you get this fixed?

If so Please remember to Rate my answer.