Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 1999 it14g that was vandalized I got it running and

Customer Question

I have a 1999 it14g that was vandalized I got it running and it steers and the arms go up and down. it wont go in forward or reverse. I did connect the forward and reverse solenoid coils to the battery nothing. there is a chatter on the hydraulic lines that go to and return from the hyd filters..there is plenty of hyd oil..what is the bare minimum I need to hook up to get this thing out of where it is.many of the wires were cut
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I've been gone for a few days and see no one has assisted you yet. Do you still need assistance with this?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

If you need manuals, diagrams, etc please don’t hesitate to ask. I have access to several different OEM resource sites and can provide these items as needed for a premium service at the direct technician cost to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback. If for some reason you don’t see the rating screen, please reply with the rating you would like to give me.

Please note that customers are required to rate per your end use service agreement with the site.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
as my original question states I'm having a problem getting a caterpillar it14g front loader to work. I do have the engine working and the steering and the arms but not the forward and reverse . it has a hydrostatic system for movement . I did put current to the solenoid's at the pump on the engine and I know about the lockout valve connected to the brakes. what I need to know is what is the bare minimum that this machine needs to make it move so as I can get it to a place that it can be repaired. my experience is that I have a degree in marine diesel which gives me knowledge in the overall systems but not on this machine. I do have to leave now and will not be able to return to this till tomorrow I look forward to your answer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hey is anybody home I asked a question twice and so far I haven't gotten an answer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what happened to my answer