Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Deere 790 which won't crank, and I have determined

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 790 which won't crank, and I have determined that the battery is good (12.45 volts). When I try to crank the engine, the only noise I hear is at the seat only, and the tractor won't even turn over. I had a problem with the seat sensor before and is wondering if this could be a problem again.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Bypass the seat switch, it should only be two wires. And check the pto to be sure it is in neutral. And the transmission neutral switch, which may be the brake switch on this tractor. Hold key in start position and move the gear shift and the pto lever, to see if switch may not be making.

# 29 is brake switch in wiring diagram.