Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have Deere 8570 Tractor. Over the last couple years, it's

Customer Question

We have John Deere 8570 Tractor. Over the last couple years, it's been getting harder to shift it out of PARK. Now, when we have the grain cart loaded, we can't physically arm wrestle it out of park. When it's empty, we can, but it's still very difficult. HELP. We need to harvest our wheat, and it's a safety factor not being able to put the tractor in park when necessary.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The transmission is a 24 speed powrsync transmission. Hope you get back to us soon. We are waiting right now....if you don't answer back within one hour, just forget it and refund my payment. I am calling John Deere if we don't hear back soon. Thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. You will need to remove the shifter and manually shift the shift rails in the transmission if you can not roll the tractor and get the shifter to release and move. If you need a phone call I will send over the premium service offer for the call.

Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Let me know

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dan, my husband will be in touch soon. This is his wife (grain cart driver) wife. Is this something that will be able to to FIX the problem permanently so it will shift in and out of park without further problems....just by removing the shifter and making that adjustment just from inside the tractor cab?
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, The linkage extends below the cab down to the transmission for the powersync trans. Check the linkage itself for binding. Also disconnect the linkage from the shift rod on the transmission and see if you can manually shift it and if so take a close look at the linkage for problems. If not the problem is internal causing the transmission to be jammed in gear. Click on this link for the parts breakdowns to help.

Parts

type your model and select sectional index and then go to powersync... you can then access and select the shift linkage and shift assembly breakdowns to help in identifying the components. In most cases there should be an access panel that is removable in the cab floor if you can not access it well enough from under the tractor.