dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership

I have a gleaner G combine 1974. I am trying to install a

Customer Question

I have a gleaner G combine 1974. I am trying to install a variable speed belt. Both pulleys are up tight and making one unable to put the belt on. I have removed the 6 bolts on the ring on the outside of the front pulley and am unable to slide off the outside of the two part front pulley. I have tried wedging a 2x4 in the back pulley and am unable to do that. I removed the hydraulic line from the back pulley and am still unable to spread the pulley apart enough to get the belt on.Please help not sure any of what I have done is useful but thought I would tell you the different things I have tried up to this point.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 2 months ago.

try the 2 x 4 in the Front spring loaded pulley. . Other than that and the hyd line off. not much else to do.