John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

Deere 6930 premium, receive code 1347.07. the tractor work

Customer Question

john deere 6930 premium , receive code 1347.07 . the tractor work ok also the time to recive the code . start good , run ok , power ok , but receive the code 1347.07 and usual about the 1500-1600 rpm and only if the tractor have normal works temperature .
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: about the temperature , i mean if is about the 80 C
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also ,
i change filters ,
i change form other tractor control valve
i change from other tractor common pressure
i change from other tractor electrik transfer pump
the egr valve is new
the turbo is new
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the tractor works in the fields (ploughing) with out any problem .
the motor start good also if the tractor is cool also if the tractor is hot .
the power is very good . no any diferrence about noices or something other betwwen the time with out code and the time to receive the code .
the 1347.07 is the only code .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the parts to use from the other tractor works ok ,
and also the parts to put in the other works ok and dont receive any code from the other tractor after install the parts from the 6930 .
Expert:  John Oliver replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** ill be your tech today. first I need to know what controller is giving that code

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hope after that to write you to understand that the module is the ECU .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because after your question I beleive yourexperiance is not so good about the jd tractors , i think is better to receive answer from other thech

I have 10 years of John Deere experience. that tractor has several different controllers in it and before I spent my time looking up the info I wanted to be sure we were all talking about the same thing. I will opt out and let another expert pick this up

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok John
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
With ok , Imean , ok, if you beleive is ok for you, no problem
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wait your position about this problem

ok, I will start looking up the info and diagnostics

I know you said you switched a bunch of high pressure rail parts from one tractor to the other. the reason that it ma not have shown any issues is because of the difference in ECU software versions. so assuming that all the respective parts are back on there respective tractors lets start with the relieve valve. the code indicated that there is an issue with pressure in the common rail system. the ECM is looking at the actual pressure and comparing it to the target desired pressure. assuming that you know which valve is the relieve valve, remove the line from the top of the relief valve and start the tractor. run the engine slowly up to high rpm and watch to see if there is fuel coming from the relieve valve. report back with your findings and we can run from there

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello John ,
you beleive the relief valve RE516335 have fault ?

I believe in diagnosing the problem and not throwing parts at an issue. did you do the test?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You want to keep high rpm for many time?
Or you want slowly to give rpm ?

run the engine slowly up to high rpm and watch to see if there is fuel coming from the relieve valve

no it does not have to run long

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i make the test . no fuel coming from relief valve
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the conditions for this this test , is with engine cool . i mean the the tractor cooler temperature is low about the 40 C.

is that code currently active now?

it would be worth testing the pressure sensor. between pin 1 and pin 3 you should have 1K-3K ohms

between pin 1 and pin 2 you should have 8K to 16.4K ohms

test done engine off key off sensor unplugged

if you enter into ECU address 038 that will display the rail pressure that the sensor is seeing. key on engine off that value should be zero. can you enter into the ECM address?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
NO CODE ACTIVE .
RECEIVE THIS CODE ONLY IF THE TRACTOR HAVE THE NORMAL WORKING TEMPERATURE LIKE 80 -85 C degree and usual with 1500-1600 rpm .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if works (ploughing for example ) and with 1800-2000 rpm dont receive the code .

I suspect that the suction control valve has failed and is causing the relieve valve to unload fuel pressure. the basis of this code is that the desired and actual pressures don't match. with out connecting this tractor to service advisor you will never know what exactly the pressures are. when we diagnose this issue here we have the tractor on the DYNO and the laptop connected to watch pressures. I would do the sensor test that I described and if you don't find an issue there you will need Deere to come out and connect with the laptop to get those readings. remember, if the suction control valve is found to be faulty the relieve valve should be replaced as well

sounds like you have pin pointed the situation where this code trips. you could duplicate those conditions and recheck the relief valve when you have met that condition

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
John ,
if understand correct this connection is nesecary to make in the time to receive the code .
from my site is possible to make that .
probably monday is possible .
tell me ,
if i connect the SA with tractor , who is the readings to is interest for you ?
is possible to print screen the readings to is interest for this test , with out code and with code .

we are only concerned with fuel rail pressure actual and desired. the code is saying that your 725PSI off (high or low)

SA can graph the 2 measurements so that you can see what is actually going on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you need the graph from these 2 readings , actual desired (fuel rail pressure ) .

that is also assuming that the pressure sensor is working properly. preform pressure sensor test first. while connected to SA run the tractor in all conditions and watch to see if you find a condition that makes the 2 reading separate that 725 psi

I don't really need the graph. your a smart man and I trust that what you see you will report back accurately. just watch the reading. if indeed these reading do separate then it proves that the suction control valve has failed

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i remind you , the control valve i change with other tractor . in the other tractor dont receive problem
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the only part to dont change at the moment is the relief valve

and I also remind you that we don't know what the programming is in the ECM of these tractors. different software versions have different ideas as to where it may want to see pressure.

I wouldn't change the relief valve until you know why the relief valve failed. they are not designed to relief very many times. if you install a new valve and there is still an issue you will ruin the valve

what model was the tractor you swapped parts with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the tractor with problem is 6930 pr and the other tractor is 6830 pr .
I undestand this to tell me about the software version , but in this case also the other tractor (6830) to receive the parts from the tractor 6930 works ok with parts from the 6930

another test that can be done is checking for air in the low pressure fuel system. disconnect the return line and install a clear plastic hose. run the tractor and look for air bubbles. that would indicate an air leak

the same can be done on the pressure side of the system going into the pump. install a clear plastic line between the pump and filter. run the tractor and check for air bubbles

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also is good test ,
i try
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what you beleive for the injectors ?
you receive the cylinder cutout test

cylinder cut out and injectors..... unless you have codes for them then there is no reason to do anything with them. this issue per code is strictly common rail related.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the other position to have about this problem . why in 1500-1600 rpm . why not in 1800-2000 rpm .
the theory write about the egr valve to start to works if thetractor have good temerature and the ECU give order to common rail system to give extra fuel for boosting .
maybe the relief valve have problem at the moment , but is small and for this make the problem only in low rpm .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

not sure why RPM would effect it. that's is why having it on a dyno for testing makes the job a bit easier

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the 1500-1600 rpm is the minimum rps to is possible to works with plough and usual if you works in this rpm very soon the tractor need more power and the driver prees the pedal for extra power .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the information for the rpm i have for the driver , but is trough , i dont know the recording rpm with service advisor .
i have only the driver eyes .

none of that really matters when it comes to the correct diagnosis for the code. the pressure is either there or its not

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello againJohn ,
for me is very easy to change the relief valve from other same tractor and if you beleive is not so good to changes parts in the same version software , i programe the ECU again .
is possible to send me software if i give you the s/n ?

no I cant do that. in the US the software is held on a dealer level. I now run an independent repair shop

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
final ,
with this nformation to give you at the moment ..
what you beleive ?
the relief valve propably ?

most likely

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello John,
final i use the releif valve from other tractor ,
but final dont change something , the code come again betwwen 1500-1600 rpm only and if the tractor have some load .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i attach you some test wit the tractor hot .. in working conditions

unfortunately there isn't any info there that helps. we know the engine fires correctly. we need to see desired and actual fuel pressure when this issue occurs.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
general the engine works ok , no smoke , good motor start cool or hot ,
and the time to receive the code dont have any diference about noice or power

ok. can you get a reading on desired and actual fuel PSI?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
in the time to receive the code ?
i make that but i have not copy

have you done a desired to actual graph when the issue has occurred? if so what did you find??

did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello ,
i use fuel ijection pump and rail from other tractor with out any problem .
final my tractor give me the same problem .
the only to dont change is the injectors . all other fuel equimpent i change with other tractor .
after that beleive he problem is the injectors .
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
or the sofware . The software is the last and very small possiblillity to have incide mistake .
Expert:  John Oliver replied 3 months ago.

i really wish you would do the desired and actually tests with the laptop

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok and what other you beleive is failure?

im not going to guess. this needs laptop diagnostics. Im not the type of tech that throws parts at a problem until there fixed