Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a 1996 310 d backhoe. my problem is when it runs in

Customer Question

hello. I have a 1996 310 d backhoe. my problem is when it runs in gear for several minutes it does fine but after that the transmission will not engage and all the hydraulics are slow to work. could this be the filters are really dirty and need to be changed or something else going on. all the cylinders have been on the tractor operating mechanism's have been repacked but the filters have not been changed. Where are the filters.
Thank you,
Ben Walley
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Ben, My name is***** will be glad to help. If the filters are plugged it would be from an internal failure occuring. First service the transmission oil and filter and check for fine metal/debris that indicate an internal failure occurring. also check the oil for discoloration and burnt smell indicating an internal problem as well. Let me know what you find in your filter and oil. What is your serial number so I can pull up some diagrams for you?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi Ben, Did you get this resolved?