John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services

How can I reset the computer brain on my 5100m deere?

Customer Question

How can I reset the computer brain on my 5100m john deere?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 2 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** answer to your question is that you cant. there is no "reset" on them. they require a special connection and programming that is held on the dealer level. what seems to be your issue that makes you want to reset it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pto would cut on about 3 secs and then cut off. I ck the fuses in fuse box and apparently I pulled one out that worked DEF system and shut the tractor down. I cut tractor off and put fuse bk in, crunck it up and the no DEF no regin light came on. Can't get it to go off and it want go in gear.

as much as I hate to say it you may want to spend the money and get Deere out there to connect and see what the ECM is thinking. DEF issues can be very expensive if not handled correctly. sounds like you may have 2 different issues going on. I know dealers can be expensive to have out on the site to diagnose but in the end I'm sure that it will be cheaper than some of the parts that may get replaced and not needed

hope this guides you in a helpful direction and I'm really sorry that I couldn't give you better news

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I have Deere info at my repair shop so if you want a second opinion because things sound crazy and expensive I will be happy to look up the info that they find in the ECM for you

thanks again for using JA and if/when you want a second opinion just open another case and ill help you out

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That would be good. Will it cost extra?

I think that depends on how you subscribed to the site. I'm just a guy sitting at a computer in upstate NY answering questions that I have experience with. You would need to contact customer support for that answer.

what I know you can do is rate this thread for now so that I can mark it as done. If you come back to this thread you can still reopen it with your findings or another I guess no it wouldn't cost any more

were you able to get a tech to look at this?

can this be rated and closed or are you still in need of info?

How did you make out on this?