Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a JD 755. About 1983 vintage. The Mid mount mower

Customer Question

I have a JD 755. About 1983 vintage. The Mid mount mower deck will not rise very far. There is about 3" of rise available. I used to be able to tuck the mower all the up under the deck. The Rockshaft movement is good, no problems using implements. The service manual I have has no real details how this mechanism operates.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

The deck is lifted by chains, attached to the three point arms. There should be an adjustment on the chains, or you may just need to move the chain up a length. The deck is not shown with the tractor, . would you have any numbers on the deck?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It really has nothing to do with the deck. It is the mechanism that lifts the deck. Also not an adjustment issue. I serviced hydraulics last year. Fluid levels are good. Rear 3PH works well. I have the diagrams from the John Deere site but there are no diagrams on how the mid mount mower height adjustment mech works. If I lift the deck with a jack, I can turn the dial and it will lift the mid mount arms all the way. But they will not lift with the deck on.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have this but not the adjustment mech
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I wont need a lot of hand holding. I was just hoping you had access to better drawings than I did.

I can't load your link. And Looking in the 755 parts manual, and the mid mount deck, it does not show the lift mechanism. I will opt out. Maybe someone else will have the information. Sorry. Please do not respond to me, or it will lock your request.