Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a Deere 5150 that after I shut it off the other day,

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 5150 that after I shut it off the other day, will now not start. All I'm getting is clicking noise. I pulled the starter and replaced it but still I'm having the same issue. I've checked all the conections and they are tight, even put a new battery in the tractor, and still having the same issue. What am I missing and how do I fix this issue?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Where is the clicking coming from? Under dash area? Or at the starter solenoid? Do you have a voltmeter to test the voltages? Are all other dash functions seem to be working?

Tractor does have a start relay that could be the clicking noise and is not sending voltage to the starter solenoid.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Changed out the solenoid under the dash as well now nothing is happening? Any other idea to try?

Any indication that the keyswitch has voltage? Dash works? Do you have a voltmeter to see if the under dash relay has voltage and is closing? If you go to the starter solenoid and jump from the battery cable terminal, to the switch terminal on the same solenoid, will engine spin? It should if battery , cables, and starter are all together.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you find the problem?