Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

Cannot remove right front wheel in order to replace the

Customer Question

Cannot remove right front wheel in order to replace the tire. Removed the small hub cap, the circular piece with the set screw, a second piece slid off by hand, but that's where I ran into a problem. There is a round washer-like piece that will not slide off the bar so I can remove the wheel. It will slide back 1/2" or so but stops coming forward 1/4" from the end of the (axle?) bar. Any suggestions? Thank You. ***** This is an old (30 yrs?) lawn tractor.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi Carl, My name is***** id the make and model of your lawn tractor? Also can you upload some photos using the paperclip icon above to upload your saved pictures. Let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cannot find a model # ***** any other numerical designation. Says "SIMPLICITY" on the chassis. Lawn tractor is at least 30 years old, probably more.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The best way to procede is to take a few photos of the wheel outside and inside of and of the mower and upload as a picture speaks a thousand words and will be a big help in identifying your mower and the area you are having trouble with

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I solved the problem myself. Would request the $52 refunded. Thank You.