Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a new holland 340 big square baler. It has baled

Customer Question

I have a new holland 340 big square baler. It has baled about 11000 bales. We haven't had hardly any issues with this baler. One of the knotters has been acting up lately. It keeps dropping the twine after it ties. It may do fine for 10-15 bales than it just drops the twine. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Mike Noll
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi Mike, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check for any damage or excessive wear and if okay you will want to run through the adjustments on the knotters and timing. Do you have this information already for the adjustments ? Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Click on this link for troubleshooting and adjustment information. See PDF page 15 as well.