Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a 2355 tractor with a 214 had lift. I am hearing a

Customer Question

I have a 2355 tractor with a 214 had lift. I am hearing a clicking or slight whining noise from the pump area. The lift will not raise up properly I have to try several times to get it to come up. The hose for the up position at the quick connects is jumping when I try to engage it. I I have very little fluid coming out the hose when I try to push the quick connect against the frame could this be a bad pump or check valve in it
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Check the pump drive, sounds like the drive may be stripped. This a Deere I assume? Here is link showing the typical Deere pump drive off the front of the crankshaft. link below.