Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a johndeere 4240 and the air cond. will not work the

Customer Question

I have a johndeere 4240 and the air cond. will not work the blower will run when the motor is not running but will not run when the motor is running.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check and verify the system has full charge and if so check the pressure switches and wiring harness for a possible faulty pressure switch. See if the compressor clutch is engaged when the engine is running. If not it is likely a low charge or pressure switch/wiring problem. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this.