John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

Have a JD 4955 electric problem. When I turn the lights on I

Customer Question

Hello , Have a JD 4955 electric problem. When I turn the lights on I get a low voltage warning and sometimes the lights stay on even when the tractor key is shut off,have to stop the engine for the lights to go off! Had the alt rebuild and a new regulater put on installed a new light switch , no fuses are ever blown. Ed
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 4 months ago.

good afternoon Ed my name is ***** ***** like you have a relay playing games with you. take a look under the dash cowel and see if you don't see a set of relays under there. my road tech has my book so I cant pin point exactly which one but you should be able to narrow down which one or two you can swap. there is 1 relay under that that does not plug into the board and that is the main cab relay I do remember. if no results from that grab a test light and see where you do and do not have power and let me know. we can narrow it down from there

thanks Ed

hello Ed did you have time to check for power with the test light?