How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan Your Own Question
Dan, Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 4863
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you remove the swivel pot from a deere 450c

Customer Question

how do you remove the swivel pot from a john deere 450c
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is it you are referring to as the swivel pot?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The round pot on the back hoe where the hydraulic hoses go into. Its about 10 inches tall and 8 inches around. I have a significant leak coming from above it somewhere. I have the o rings to replace in the pot. It has several large bolts going thru it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is what the parts guy at john deere called it.
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Okay so you have the 450C excavator then. They made a 450C dozer and crawler loader as well. Sounds like you are referring to the rotary manifold that is under the base of the boom to the right of the operators cab if I am not mistaken. This is also known as the swivel but I never used the words swivel pot. It could just be a geographical thing where the dealer is located. ill post a picture shortly and let me know if we have the correct part so i can tell you the removal process

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Swing motor and rotary manifold. The rotary manifold is in the lower part of the picture. Let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, its the 450c crawler with a 4 in one bucket on the front and a backhoe on the back. The canister thats leaking is below and in front of where you sit, about 10 inches above the ground. If you look at a picture of the backhoe from the side its obvious as its the only round part on the backhoe part.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not going to call and keep being nickel and dimmed with no answer. I was guaranteed after the first $5 I would have an answer with balance due after resolution, I guess I have been charged the balance with no answer. I have a picture I can text to you if you need that.
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I am not an employee of the site. i have a repair business and help on here as time allows and nights when available. We can post back and forth as needed but I am not sitting at the computer all day waiting for responses

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

If this is part of the backhoe attachment there will be a model number for the backhoe. That is an add on. Get me the numbers from the metal tag. I am showing at least three model options. Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The only number I could read on the metal tag is 039042T. A number cast on the boom of the backhoe is T47071. Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

i tried with those numbers and they wont pull up unfortunately. Click on this link for the online parts catalog. Enter 450c and then click on your machine catalog from the three options. Go to sectional index. You will then see the options of backhoes for this machine. Let me know which matches yours. this way I know exactly what you have. I have an afternoon appointment but will follow up on my next available login.

JD Parts