Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

2003 international 530 Using oil (no blue Smoke) hard to

Customer Question

2003 international 530
Using oil (no blue Smoke)
hard to start in mornings and runs very rough unless plugged in
can sense a slight miss or chugging in higher gears
have changed fuel filter and cleaned screen and sediment bowl there was a significant amount of a black substance that would squish in your hand
orings have been replaced about 30000 miles ago due to oil consumption as three orings had considerable wear
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi Brian, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Are you getting any fault codes? What is your fuel pressure and your ICP pressure cranking over and engine running? You should see around 80 PSI of fuel pressure and around 870 PSI ICP while cranking and up to around 400 PSI at full RPM or IPR commanded ad 100%. Pressure test for leaks in the injector o rings with shop air the the ICP port. Let me know